The Narendra Modi-led NDA government has pre-approved all the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) having rating 2.0 and above as basic training provider to help fresher apprentices acquire reasonable ability to handle equipment, instruments, machineries, independently before they move to practical training or on-job training under the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in a statement today said that it has taken the following measures:
1. For apprenticeship training, a dedicated portal has been made functional.
2. Under the guidelines for National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS), basic training provider (BTP), third-party aggregators (TPAs) and framing of courses under apprenticeship training programme, significant changes have been brought.
3. For apprenticeship training, industry representatives have been appointed as Brand Ambassadors for promotion and creating awareness among all stakeholders.
4. Funds released to create state Apprenticeship monitoring cell (SAMC) for strengthening apprenticeship training at the state government level.
5. For creating awareness about the apprenticeship training scheme, a television series called “Hunarbaaz” has been telecast nationwide.
6. Campaign, awareness meeting, and seminars conducted in industry clusters across the country.
7. An industry Apprenticeship Initiative in industry clusters has been initiated under the World Bank-aided project called STRIVE.