In order to ensure development of technical education in India, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) awards Post Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400 per month through its Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme to full-time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments.
The following terms and conditions will govern the Grant of the Scholarship:
1. Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled only to those students who are admitted in the course with a valid GATE/GPAT score at the time of admission. Any student who qualifies the GATE/GPAT exam after the date of admission shall not be
eligible for grant of scholarship for the reasons whatsoever it may be.
2. The grant of Post Graduate Scholarship is subject to the condition that the student do not receive any financial assistance in shape of scholarship from any other source during his/her course of study in the Institute.
3. The Scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course i.e. from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion of the classes whichever is lower and is not extendable under any circumstances.
4. It will be obligatory for every post-graduate student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to him / her by the Institute. This could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty
members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other central facilities, assistance in library, etc.
5. The Scholarship will be granted to the student on a monthly basis subject to the satisfactory academic performance and adherence to University/Institute norms/rules and regulations as applicable time to time, certified by the Head of the Institute and obligatory work as per item (4) above.
6. The student shall be required to give an undertaking to the effect that he / she would not leave the course midway.
7. The Scholarship may be discontinued at any time for any kind of misconduct by the student, like involving in the act of ragging, misbehaviour, etc.